Backpacks for Foster Care Youth!!!
March 29 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Join us to fill backpacks for our friends in Foster Care. We are working closely with local group homes and foster organizations to provide care packages for those in need. Our goal is to provide these youths with backpacks filled with necessities and some novelties. Help share some sugar and let’s give them something to call their own! SUGAR Volunteers are collecting the following items to make this event as successful as possible!!!!
- New backpacks for youths 8+ years old (no character backpacks please)
- Hygiene items (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, body lotion, face wash, lip balms, sunscreen, deodorant)
- Hair accessories (i.e. hairbrush, combs, clips, headbands, scrunchies, hair ties, hair gel)
- Novelty markers and pens, writing accessories, notepads
- Candy (i.e. bubblegum, lollipops, candy –nothing that melts please)
- Individually wrapped snacks
- Reusable water bottles
- Feminine products
- Key chains for backpacks — the ones that hang from the backpack